Thursday, April 23, 2009

Beatrix Potter marble coasters


I don't get nostalgic about children's books. I don't even know what "Goodnight, Moon" is, which probably reveals how ancient I am or how childless. I do love book illustrations. And I did get lost in and savor Beatrix Potter's books as a child. Or, they savored me. (See "Samuel Whiskers or The Roly Poly Pudding". Yikes.)

On 4" x 4" Botticino marble tile coasters with cork backing, Beatrix Potter's immediate and evocative little pictures can be enjoyed in lasting form. You may even want to frame one of these beauties. They are available at the Magpie Gallery Shop for 8.00 each.

Pictured above, from l. to r.: the cover image from Little Pig Robinson, The Tale of Tom Kitten (before they lose their clothes!), The Tale of Samuel Whiskers, and, from TTK again, Mrs. Ribby at the door.

No comments: